Thursday, June 14, 2012

Prayer Quilt

Yesterday I never got around to posting about the amazing gift I was given.  I was too focused on the hurt I was feeling but today I am choosing to focus on the multitude of blessings.  My mom asked me yesterday afternoon if I was feeling up to having a visitor.  I said of course when I found out it was June, who helped at my wedding 12 years ago as well as my fundraiser last weekend.  June came in and handed me a gift bag.  I opened it and this is the first thing I saw.
My prayer quilt.  June made me a quilt.  The entire time she was making it she prayed for me.  I am blown away.  What a gift of love.  I started to cry when I opened it because it is so stinkin' special.  After everything that has been done for me already, the love and kindness continue to come, one after another.

These are the things that I need to focus on.  It's so hard for me to not let the hurts get to me and cause me to feel insecure.  That's what it comes down to...those hurts that nag at me and sit at the back of my mind every once in a while spitting out lies at me.  "People are laughing at you.  They think the way you are handling this is disgraceful.  Your friends and loved ones are not loyal to you."  And this is one of my greatest struggles in life...with cancer or without.  Trust.  Who can I trust?  And with that said, I will release these insecurities and try to let them go because today I am making the choice to find my worth in the Lord and not in my value to the people surrounding me.

My devotion for today:
"I HAVE LOVED YOU with and everlasting Love.  Before time began, I knew you.  For years you swam around in a sea of meaninglessness, searching for Love, hoping for hope.  All that time I was pursuing you, aching to embrace you in My compassionate arms.
When time was right, I revealed Myself to you.  I lifted you out of that sea of despair and set you down on a firm foundation.  Sometimes you felt naked - exposed to the revealing Light of My Presence.  I wrapped an ermine robe around you: My robe of righteousness.  I sang you a Love song, whose beginning and end are veiled in eternity.  I infused meaning into your mind and harmony into your heart.  Join Me in singing My song.  Together we will draw others out of darkness into My marvelous Light."

It's pretty amazing.  Yesterday I was wrapped in a quilt that June made for me.  He used her (and many, many others) to surround me with love.



No comments:

Post a Comment