Sunday, June 10, 2012

Amazing Love





Friday night was the most amazing night filled with the most amazing people!  The fundraiser was unbelievable!  We weren't able to get an actual count but estimate that more than 600 people attended the fundraiser.  The community came together to donate some unbelievable items for the silent auction and raffle.  A friend of mine from high school (who I haven't seen in at least 13 years) donated meat for the BBQ.  There were two bounce houses, a cotton candy machine and face painting for the kids.  Friends of the family made cupcakes and cookies for desserts.  People I have never met before spent several hours of their evening cooking, setting up tables, cleaning and much more.  My family spent every ounce of energy they had to make the fundraiser a success.  My sister Cyndi is the most capable and talented woman I know.  She made the decision 4 weeks ago to do the fundraiser and she put it all together and turned it into an incredible success.  I am in complete shock and awe over the love and support the community has shown to me.  I feel so loved and covered with prayer.  I have never experienced anything like what was done for me at that fundraiser and I am so grateful.  I don't know that I'll ever be able to express with words the impact it has had on me. 

The pictures up top are of a series of four paintings that were made for the fundraiser by our family friend, Cyndi Nichols who has known me for my entire life.  I loved them so much that my mom bid on them and bought them for me because she thought it would be a good thing for me to have hanging in my room while I'm going through treatment.  God's love has been pouring down on me through so many different people...family, friends and even strangers.

Tomorrow chemotherapy begins.  I've been having anxiety about it all day long.  I don't know that it's possible to prepare myself for what is in store.  I find myself feeling emotional when I think about the fact that tomorrow I will take a drug that will make my hair fall out.  I've always liked my hair.  I'm going to hate having to lose it.  I hope I don't lose my eyebrows and eyelashes.  I suppose it is a small price to pay for being healthy.



No comments:

Post a Comment