Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Article

 


Here is the link to the newspaper article from the Ventura County Star.
http://www.vcstar.com/news/2012/oct/06/rebecca-raymond-copes-with-pregnacy-and-breast/#comments



It was pretty strange to read about myself in this morning's paper.  Both the article and the video online made me get all choked up.  My friend Rhiannon wrote the article and she is amazing.  She suffers from fibromyalgia, a daily and life long battle.  She is a real warrior and here she is writing a story on me... really?  I think we need a month to promote awareness for a lot of other diseases too.

My boys both want to take the newspaper to school for show and tell.  This is what I love.  My children are learning to not be afraid...to not be embarrassed by the fact that we are going through something that makes us different.  I hope this is a lesson that sticks with them for life.  It's okay to have a bald mom who all your friends stare at.

Ephraim's soccer team wore pink sweat bands around their shin guards at his soccer game yesterday in my honor.  It was so cute.  The coach said it was the boys idea.  After the game they presented me with beautiful pink roses and told me that they had dedicated that game to me... even though they lost.  I'm good with a loss on the game they dedicated to me.  It seems more fitting.  Life doesn't always turn out how we expect it to but we need to do the best we can with what we have... win or lose.




6 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca......What a beautiful article today. I think & pray for you often. You and your family are so precious. I admire your courage. Thank you for sharing your story, I know you have touched my heart and you will touch many others as well. I pray that everything will be just fine when your precious boy Luke arrives. Blessings to you and your family. Lisa Gallardo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers a ton!

      Delete
  2. Rebecca,
    Such a beautiful article for such a beautiful person. I hope our team goes on to playoff's so maybe we get to meet your beautiful baby boy Luke. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

    Take care,
    Tricia Davis - Nolan Davis's Mommy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tricia. I hope they go to the playoffs as long as there aren't anymore 7:30 games. :) Thank you for the prayers!

      Delete
  3. Becky.... you're probably not called that anymore and if not I apologize. I read your article last night. I have to say, I cried and cried and cried. It touched me to no end. It also jogged a lot of suppressed feelings about my own struggle with my mother who had metastatic lung cancer. Her passing has left me very lonely. I am so inspired by your bravery, your spirit, your familial support and sense of humor. I feel your story is going to touch many people the way it did me:) I am proud of you and will think and pray for you and your family:) And the arrival of your new baby boy:) May you have a safe delivery and a happy, healthy baby. I wish you health and happiness and by the way.......bald is beautiful:)
    Take care of yourself,
    Kristen Poast ( member me??)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen, of course I remember you, silly! I'm so sorry about your mom. Thank you so much for all your kind words. It means a lot to me that you reached out to me. I hope we can keep in touch. You are special to the Dahl family. We all love you!

      Delete