Sunday, August 26, 2012

Diaper Bags and Running Shoes

Yesterday felt like it was the busiest day of my life.  By 9:45 am, I'd already been to a soccer game, Starbucks and was standing in line for the Petunia Pickle Bottom Fall Preview Sale at their downtown Ventura warehouse.  I ended up getting three diaper bags, a wallet, and two blankets.  I didn't even really need a new diaper bag because the one baby item I still have from my last baby is my Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag.  Oh well.  After my unnecessary purchases, my mom, my sister Cyndi and I walked down to Spencer McKenzie's to get a fish and shrimp burrito.  I then headed home, picked up the kids and went to my nephew's football game.  After the football game ended, the entire family went to the open house for my sister's new business.  Finally at close to 6 pm, we went home, dropped the kids off with my parents and John and I went out to dinner.  The waitress asked what I would like to drink and I was about to ask for water when I decided I had better have iced tea if I planned to be able to stay awake through dinner.

I woke up this morning feeling like I'd been hit by a train.  My back is hurting like it did before I started doing yoga.  Seeing as I haven't done yoga for four months now and all my core muscles have turned to jelly, it makes a lot of sense.  By the way, Friday I joined the gym.  I've been missing the gym these past four months since I was diagnosed.  Today is the four month anniversary of my diagnosis...not something I am celebrating.  For four months I have known but it seems like it's already been a year.

Today I bought myself a new pair of running shoes...not that I think I'll actually be using them for running right now.  I'd probably put myself into preterm labor if I even tried. I have a plan and that plan is breaking my new running shoes in over the next few months by walking on the treadmill or doing the elliptical.  When this baby is born those running shoes will be ready for me to make them wish I was still pregnant.  I'm tired of being a cancer patient so I've decided to try to find at least a little bit of normalcy.  My body needs exercise.  My mind needs that release of endorphins.  Some days it might use up most of the energy that I have but I'm counting on it giving me more energy.  We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I know you are very humble, but I have to tell you how inspiring you are. I have been dealing with RSD for the last 8 years and there are days that I can't move. You are really making me see that I can change my mindset and do this. You rock!

    ReplyDelete