Friday, August 24, 2012

A Little Slip of the Clippers

Sometimes I don't blog because I have extremely high standards for myself and I think that if I don't have something important or funny to blog about then I shouldn't waste people's time. But then I realized that nobody else in the world holds me to those same high standards I hold myself to. So I've decided to update everyone on the most irritating thing I've been dealing with lately... My hair.  My hair is growing at such a rapid rate that I have to shave it every couple of days.  Yes, hair growth can be wonderful.  For me it gives me hope that my eyebrows and eyelashes won't fall out.  But it is also a pain in the butt to have to pay so much attention to the patches of hair that continue to grow at so quickly.  Yes, only patches because mostly my head is large bald patches.  I have a whole new respect for men who do this on a regular basis.  It's not something that's easy to do on your own and it's very time consuming. Maybe not very time consuming compared to women who use a flat iron, round brush and blow dryer on a daily basis...but this is coming from me.  I haven't used a curling iron or styled my hair at all since crimping irons were all the rave in the 80's.  I'm the brush and go kind of girl.  I've stopped asking my husband to shave my head for me because saying those words, "Honey, can you shave my head?" just makes me feel lame.  I also have a huge fear of the clippers.  They've been causing me a bit of anxiety ever since about two weeks ago when I was working on the hair at my temple and the clippers slipped and caught the end of my eyebrow.  I thought I was going to cry...not my eyebrows!  I have been cherishing their presence!  Fortunately it wasn't too bad and I was able to clean it up and make the other one match it.  You'd never notice unless I pointed it out.  It could have been a very bad situation but it turned out okay.

1 comment:

  1. I will come over and help you shave your head any time :)

    ReplyDelete