Monday, July 9, 2012

Vacation!

The view from our rooms

I am in one of my most favorite places in all the world.  Lake Tahoe!  This might just be the perfect place to get comfortable with my baldness, while I'm surrounded by strangers who I will never see again.

Yesterday we made the long drive.  The kids did well with the drive with the exception of Ephraim puking twice (from car sickness) and also sobbing crying as we passed Tracy on the freeway because he misses his friends.

At one of our bathroom stops, Daphne said to me, "Mom, it's okay if you take your hat off here in the bathroom but once we leave you need to put it back on because I don't want people to laugh at you."  My little girl, worried about what people think.  What a good example I can set for her if I can muster up the courage to be comfortable being bald and to not care if people stare at me.  I could set a great example for my boys too.  This whole thing is such a HUGE teaching opportunity for my kids...one that could impact them for the rest of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment