Friday, February 15, 2013

Sick Kids

After kissing Zeek on the mouth all day long, I took is temperature tonight and he is running a fever just like his 3 older siblings. I kicked myself as soon as I realized he had the fever. The other kids are sick and I should have been more careful. I thought I had kept Zeek protected from them enough that I wouldn't have to protect myself from Zeek. As a mom, it is one of the worst feelings in the world to have sick kids. I just want to hold them and make them feel better. Zeek is feeling miserable and tonight as he was snot nosed and crying, every fiber of my being wanted to just dismiss the danger he poses and scoop him up and kiss away his tears. I'm sure I've already been exposed but if there's any chance that I haven't, I need to keep my distance. My counts are low and I so desperately don't want to get sick. Besides... I really need to start growing hair again and if I can't do chemo this Monday then my hair growth will be set back an entire week and that is completely unacceptable. John took Tobias to the doctor this afternoon because he's had the fever for 5 days now. The doctor prescribed tamiflu for the other 3 kids. I called around to every pharmacy in Ventura and none of them had it in stock. I finally found it at a pharmacy in Oxnard. That is some really expensive stuff. I'm hoping the cost reflects the effectiveness.

Prayers are so greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rebecca.......I am praying right now. So sorry your kids have been sick. I am thinking about you and praying for those beautiful kids of yours. Take care of yourself. God bless you. Lisa Gallardo

    ReplyDelete