Thursday, May 10, 2012

post op

It's 9pm and my amazing wife is alreay home and out of the hospital.

We arrived at the hospital at 6am for check in and preparation for surgery.  She went in for surgery about 7:30 and was under the knife in no time.  She was out of surgery and into her room around 11am.  The doctors advised her that if she jumped through a few hoops, she could go home the same day if she chose to.  I am proud to say that my wife did everything they asked her to do so that she could come home and sleep in her own bed. We began the check out process at around 4:30 which started with my wife walking down to the nurses station and asking to be released.  I can't really put in to words the strength my wife posesses.  I knew she was going to be awesome but you never know exactly how it will unfold.  I was amazed again by her tenacity and courage.

The next few days are going to be rough for her as she heals from the incision and procedure as a whole. I am 100% positive that she will handle the physical and emotional healing in the same manner in which she handled getting out of the hospital, head on.

Rest assured that she is getting plenty of pain medication and rest.  We will continue with pain pills most likely around the clock for at least tonight and for a couple of more days.  We go back to see the general surgeon and plastic surgeon on Monday the 14th for follow up appointments.

We are taking things one day at a time.  Today she did amazing and I am sure that she will continue to do amazing day by day.  I am uncertain as to the exact detail of how her courage and tenacity will unfold but I am sure it will be amazing every time I see it.

Pray that we will depend on The Lord day by day and minute by minute and be guided by His hand in everything we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment